Thursday 13 December 2007

big fat luscious woolly pom-poms

Big fat woolly corner pom-poms are yet another something that make me a bit trembly with excitement. They’re enormous and I love them. They feel like heaven. When I work with people with special needs, the pom-poms are coveted and stroked like pets. On some of my quilts, I added another step and felted them. Because of their size, they need to be baked on radiators for a week. As they dry out they get daily turning, fluffing, coiffing and trimming, which is another little labour of love. But I love all that stuff. These particular pom-poms aren’t felted, they’re all nice and compact and ‘as nature intended’. They still took a day or so (each) to make though… and a little bit extra to generally fuss over them.

It’s probably evident that my quilts take a long time to make. I don’t know why I do what I do, I just can’t seem to stop myself. One day I kind of hope someone will come across these few bits I’ve kept back, in a dusty old attic or something, and give them another lease of life.

1 comment:

Ruth Singer said...

i'm pretty taken with your pom poms too!